Namaste Your Way To Good Health!
Long-revered for centuries, practicing yoga is a path to good health! Featuring a plethora of moves that improve both the body and the mind, the practice of yoga is the ideal way to add flexibility and peace of mind to your health routine. One of the most significant features of yoga is that almost anyone can participate. With various moves, yoga is one of the few exercise routines practiced by everyone, from toddlers to seniors.
FUN FACTS ABOUT YOGA THAT WILL FLEX YOUR MIND!
- According to the Yoga Alliance and Yoga Journal study, one in three Americans has tried yoga at least once.
- Yoga is the most commonly used complementary health approach to traditional medicine in the U.S.
- There are over 100 styles of yoga practiced throughout the world. These are Vinyassa, Yin, Power, Hot, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and Kriya, to name a few.
- Yoga can boost your immune system and eases depression for any age group.
- A study from the Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine shows that intentional breathing and movement used in all forms of yoga can ease depression and create better mental health.
- The practice of yoga and its benefits is over 5,000 years old, and one of the oldest physical exercises practiced worldwide.
- The word yoga originated in the Sanskrit language and translates as "union."
- Yoga helps control diabetes for both Type 1 and Type 2 patients.
- The Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences discovered during a 2015 study that overall blood glucose levels dropped by 10% in yoga practitioners for ten days in a row.
- Americans first started practicing yoga in the 18th Century.
- Yoga classes in the USA were gender-specific to men. Women did not participate until 1937. Today the split is around 70% women and 30% men as most yoga class attendees.
- Flexibility, stress relief, and mental health are some of the most popular reasons people start a yoga practice.
- Yoga in the workplace is known to improve productivity and increase job satisfaction.
TURN ANY ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE INTO A YOGA STUDIO!
Another significant aspect of practicing yoga is the ability to do it almost anywhere! From paddle board yoga (Yes! There is such a thing!) to beachfront yoga to yoga in the park, yoga is one of the most flexible exercise routines - pardon the pun!
If you prefer to keep your exercise routine in the comfort of your home, a Gaia subscription is all you need. With a plethora of programs, from yoga instructional videos to meditation videos, Gaia provides all you will ever need to get on that yoga mat and work!
Whether you are new to yoga or a seasoned practitioner, Simply Yoga Wear has all the yoga accessories you need to get on the path to a higher you and a better self. Whether you want to feel "Zen" or improve your physical body, yoga is the perfect way to practice self-care!